Ayurveda is an ancient Indian health and wellness system. One of the main tenets of Ayurveda is detoxification or cleansing of the body. There are many different ways to cleanse your body using Ayurveda. Here are some tips on how to do an Ayurvedic cleanse.
1. Choose the right timeThe best time to do an Ayurvedic cleanse is in the spring, when the weather is changing and there is a new beginning in the air. However, you can do a cleanse at any time of year that works for you.
2. Detoxify your bodyOne of the main purposes of an Ayurvedic cleanse is to detoxify your body. This involves removing toxins from your system through healthy eating, herbs, yoga and meditation.
3. Eat detoxifying foodsThere are many detoxifying foods that you can include in your diet during a cleanse. Some examples include fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. Be sure to avoid processed foods, caffeine and alcohol while cleansing.
4. Drink plenty of fluidsIt’s important to drink plenty of fluids during an Ayurvedic cleanse. This helps flush toxins out of your system. Try drinking herbal teas, water or juice daily.
5. Practice yoga and meditationYoga and meditation are integral parts of an Ayurvedic cleanse. They help clear your mind and allow you to focus on your health and wellness goals for the duration of the cleanse.
If you’re interested in doing an Ayurvedic cleanse, these are some tips to get you started!